Friday, February 1, 2013

Insanity

This painting is entitled "insanity" it is part of a two piece diptych on life, really. You have your moments of chaos and you have the hope somewhere always mixed up in that and I wanted to portray what that felt like, so hopefully I succeeded. The colours I used here, I used them because they bother me and excite me as an artist so they were  picked out of a conflicting nature. Sometimes I wouldn't think about it at all I'd just let the inner chaos of my mind pick the colour. I added the raven in here to kind of subtly suggest something of a more sinister nature but to also kind of tie themes together a bit, as to the insanity of misinterpretation. The raven is a picture of death as it is a picture of freedom so again you have something of a conflicting nature. The stars fade to black to show the collapse of ones mind in insanity as to the initial chaos then nothing, like your floating in space without a star to guide your endless despair. That's a bit melodramatic but I think we've all felt that way at one point or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment