Sunday, October 28, 2012

 

 Do you ever find yourself crying?
 and you don't know why.
 I do,
I cry over what might have been.
I cry over words that makes sense at the time,
only to be later looked upon as "not that impressive."
I cry at how the world's grown so cold.
 I cry for the old that never fulfilled their dreams.
 I cry for people I'll never meet.
I find it hard to believe anyone could ever be happy.
I find it hard to believe that I could ever be happy.
After the things I've done,
 people I've hurt.
Its hard to believe that my happiness could ever be constituted
as deserved.
Like a scar that never goes away
 we try to cover it up and hide the truth
the truth that we're all monsters inside.
That none of us really care,
we say what we think others want us to say.
And we do good when its in our best interest to do so.
We hide behind a mask of our own fears.
We seek some truth and a deeper meaning to what happens around us.
 Only to find more questions and less answers.
We all believe that we are worth as much as someone can tell us we are.
Because when we tell ourselves,
its like dancing to no music.
We compare ourselves daily to everyone around us.
We think we are better than so many people.
But we also think the worst of ourselves because its easy
And you,whoever is reading this your words mean just as much as mine.
Just as much as anyone who's ever written.
Just because you didn't say it out loud
doesn't mean you've never felt it.
 That you've never lived it.
The truth is,
 its not you.
Its everyone else who is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment